net_left Phương Thức Thanh Toán

Yields hit decade highs before expected 75 bp Fed rate hike

15 Tháng Sáu 2022
Yields hit decade highs before expected 75 bp Fed rate hike © Reuters. FILE PHOTO: U.S. dollar banknotes are displayed in this illustration taken, February 14, 2022. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/File Photo

By Karen Brettell

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury yields climbed to their highest levels in a decade on Tuesday as investors raised bets that the Federal Reserve will hike rates by 75 basis points when it concludes its two-day meeting on Wednesday.

Surging consumer prices in May, which rose at their fastest pace in nearly 40-1/2 years, has rattled markets and increased speculation that the U.S. central bank will hike rates at a faster pace than previously expected to stem rising price pressures.

Fed funds futures traders are now pricing in an 87% chance of a 75 basis point increase on Wednesday, and a 13% chance of a 50-basis-point increase.

Economists upped their rate hike forecasts after a Wall Street Journal article on Monday said that Fed officials would consider a 75 basis point hike, which was interpreted as being an informal communication by the U.S. central bank.

"In our view, given the Fed’s blackout period, Powell decided a WSJ article was the only option ahead of tomorrow’s meeting to prepare markets that 75 is now on the table," Kevin Cummins (NYSE:CMI), chief U.S. economist at NatWest Markets said in a note on Tuesday.

Fed Chairman Jerome Powell had said after the Fed's May 3-4 meeting that central bank officials are not "actively" considering a rate hike of three-quarters of a percentage point at coming monetary policy meetings.

Data on Tuesday showed that U.S. producer prices increased solidly in May as the cost of gasoline surged in another sign of stubbornly high inflation.

Expectations of aggressive Fed tightening, and an inversion in a key part of the Treasury yield curve, have also increased fears that the U.S. economy could be headed into a downturn. However, Padhraic Garvey, regional head of research, Americas at ING, said it is too soon to expect a recession.

So-called real yields, which account for expected inflation, have driven recent yield increases, which is consistent with strong growth, Garvey said, adding that “before we get to the recession we have a whole different dynamic, which is really elevated inflation and an economy that is still strong.”

Yields on 10-year Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS), known as real yields, hit 0.857% on Tuesday, the highest since Feb. 2019. Five-year TIPS yields reached 0.686%, the highest since March 2020.

Two-year Treasury note yields reached 3.439%, the highest since Nov. 2007. Benchmark 10-year notes hit 3.475%, the highest since April 2011.

The closely watched yield curve between two-year and 10-year notes was last five basis points, after earlier inverting by five basis points. An inversion in this part of the curve is viewed as a reliable indicator that a recession is likely in one to two years.

Another part of the yield curve that is viewed as a recession indicator, the gap between two-year and five-year yields, remains positive at 15 basis points.

June 14 Tuesday 2:54PM New York / 1854 GMT

Price Current Net

Yield % Change

(bps)

Three-month bills 1.7625 1.7951 0.133

Six-month bills 2.335 2.3957 0.184

Two-year note 98-65/256 3.4288 0.148

Three-year note 98-2/256 3.5813 0.117

Five-year note 95-172/256 3.5852 0.105

Seven-year note 94-246/256 3.5742 0.113

10-year note 95 3.4752 0.104

20-year bond 93-120/256 3.7169 0.079

30-year bond 89-168/256 3.4306 0.062

DOLLAR SWAP SPREADS

Last (bps) Net

Change

(bps)

U.S. 2-year dollar swap 35.00 -2.75

spread

U.S. 3-year dollar swap 16.00 -2.00

spread

U.S. 5-year dollar swap 5.00 0.50

spread

U.S. 10-year dollar swap 7.00 0.50

spread

U.S. 30-year dollar swap -27.00 -2.50

spread

Để lại bình luận
Hot Auto Trade Bot Phương Thức Thanh Toán
BROKERS ĐƯỢC CẤP PHÉP
net_home_top Ai VIF
25-06-2022 23:41:51 (UTC+7)

EUR/USD

1.0554

+0.0031 (+0.29%)

Summary

Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (11)

Sell (1)

Indicators:

Buy (5)

Sell (4)

EUR/USD

1.0554

+0.0031 (+0.29%)

Summary

Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (11)

Sell (1)

Indicators:

Buy (5)

Sell (4)

GBP/USD

1.2272

+0.0012 (+0.10%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (1)

Sell (11)

Indicators:

Buy (1)

Sell (6)

USD/JPY

135.23

+0.29 (+0.22%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (11)

Sell (1)

Indicators:

Buy (7)

Sell (1)

AUD/USD

0.6944

+0.0055 (+0.80%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (0)

Sell (12)

Indicators:

Buy (2)

Sell (6)

USD/CAD

1.2891

-0.0103 (-0.79%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (0)

Sell (12)

Indicators:

Buy (2)

Sell (5)

EUR/JPY

142.71

+0.71 (+0.50%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (11)

Sell (1)

Indicators:

Buy (8)

Sell (1)

EUR/CHF

1.0114

-0.0001 (-0.01%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (1)

Sell (11)

Indicators:

Buy (1)

Sell (6)

Gold Futures

1,828.10

-1.70 (-0.09%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (8)

Sell (4)

Indicators:

Buy (9)

Sell (0)

Silver Futures

21.130

+0.088 (+0.42%)

Summary

Neutral

Moving Avg:

Buy (0)

Sell (12)

Indicators:

Buy (5)

Sell (4)

Copper Futures

3.7365

-0.0025 (-0.07%)

Summary

Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (1)

Sell (11)

Indicators:

Buy (4)

Sell (4)

Crude Oil WTI Futures

107.06

+2.79 (+2.68%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (0)

Sell (12)

Indicators:

Buy (0)

Sell (9)

Brent Oil Futures

113.19

+3.14 (+2.85%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (0)

Sell (12)

Indicators:

Buy (0)

Sell (10)

Natural Gas Futures

6.173

-0.066 (-1.06%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (7)

Sell (5)

Indicators:

Buy (9)

Sell (1)

US Coffee C Futures

223.40

-5.60 (-2.45%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (10)

Sell (2)

Indicators:

Buy (7)

Sell (0)

Euro Stoxx 50

3,533.17

+96.88 (+2.82%)

Summary

Neutral

Moving Avg:

Buy (4)

Sell (8)

Indicators:

Buy (4)

Sell (4)

S&P 500

3,911.74

+116.01 (+3.06%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (12)

Sell (0)

Indicators:

Buy (8)

Sell (0)

DAX

13,118.13

+205.54 (+1.59%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (2)

Sell (10)

Indicators:

Buy (2)

Sell (7)

FTSE 100

7,208.81

+188.36 (+2.68%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (8)

Sell (4)

Indicators:

Buy (7)

Sell (1)

Hang Seng

21,719.06

+445.19 (+2.09%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (12)

Sell (0)

Indicators:

Buy (6)

Sell (0)

US Small Cap 2000

1,765.74

+54.06 (+3.16%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (12)

Sell (0)

Indicators:

Buy (9)

Sell (0)

IBEX 35

8,244.10

+137.70 (+1.70%)

Summary

Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (3)

Sell (9)

Indicators:

Buy (3)

Sell (5)

BASF SE NA O.N.

42.215

+0.785 (+1.89%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (11)

Sell (1)

Indicators:

Buy (7)

Sell (1)

Bayer AG NA

57.79

-0.75 (-1.28%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (5)

Sell (7)

Indicators:

Buy (2)

Sell (7)

Allianz SE VNA O.N.

181.20

+2.20 (+1.23%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (2)

Sell (10)

Indicators:

Buy (2)

Sell (4)

Adidas AG

170.36

+3.30 (+1.98%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (1)

Sell (11)

Indicators:

Buy (3)

Sell (5)

Deutsche Lufthansa AG

5.966

-0.310 (-4.94%)

Summary

↑ Sell

Moving Avg:

Buy (4)

Sell (8)

Indicators:

Buy (3)

Sell (6)

Siemens AG Class N

102.62

+3.36 (+3.39%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (9)

Sell (3)

Indicators:

Buy (6)

Sell (1)

Deutsche Bank AG

8.919

+0.407 (+4.78%)

Summary

↑ Buy

Moving Avg:

Buy (12)

Sell (0)

Indicators:

Buy (8)

Sell (0)

 EUR/USD1.0554Buy
 GBP/USD1.2272↑ Sell
 USD/JPY135.23↑ Buy
 AUD/USD0.6944↑ Sell
 USD/CAD1.2891↑ Sell
 EUR/JPY142.71↑ Buy
 EUR/CHF1.0114↑ Sell
 Gold1,828.10↑ Buy
 Silver21.130Neutral
 Copper3.7365Sell
 Crude Oil WTI107.06↑ Sell
 Brent Oil113.19↑ Sell
 Natural Gas6.173↑ Buy
 US Coffee C223.40↑ Buy
 Euro Stoxx 503,533.17Neutral
 S&P 5003,911.74↑ Buy
 DAX13,118.13↑ Sell
 FTSE 1007,208.81↑ Buy
 Hang Seng21,719.06↑ Buy
 Small Cap 20001,765.74↑ Buy
 IBEX 358,244.10Sell
 BASF42.215↑ Buy
 Bayer57.79↑ Sell
 Allianz181.20↑ Sell
 Adidas170.36↑ Sell
 Lufthansa5.966↑ Sell
 Siemens AG102.62↑ Buy
 Deutsche Bank AG8.919↑ Buy
Mua/Bán 1 chỉ SJC
# So hôm qua # Chênh TG
SJC Eximbank6,760/ 6,840
(0/ 0) # 1,696
SJC HCM6,785/ 6,865
(5/ 5) # 1,716
SJC Hanoi6,785/ 6,867
(5/ 5) # 1,718
SJC Danang6,785/ 6,867
(5/ 5) # 1,718
SJC Nhatrang6,785/ 6,867
(5/ 5) # 1,718
SJC Cantho6,785/ 6,867
(5/ 5) # 1,718
Cập nhật 25-06-2022 23:41:53
Xem lịch sử giá vàng SJC: nhấn đây!
ↀ Giá vàng thế giới
$1,827.54+2.910.16%
Live 24 hour Gold Chart
ʘ Giá bán lẻ xăng dầu
Sản phẩmVùng 1Vùng 2
RON 95-V33.47034.130
RON 95-III32.87033.520
E5 RON 92-II31.30031.920
DO 0.05S30.01030.610
DO 0,001S-V30.81031.420
Dầu hỏa 2-K28.78029.350
$ Tỷ giá Vietcombank
Ngoại tệMua vàoBán ra
USD23.080,0023.390,00
EUR23.828,4125.163,09
GBP27.747,3328.930,97
JPY167,31177,13
KRW15,4518,82
Cập nhật lúc 18:51:12 25/06/2022
Xem bảng tỷ giá hối đoái
Phương Thức Thanh Toán